BY PARTIALLY SIGHTED PERSON, WE UNDERSTAND A PERSON WHOSE VISION CAN NOT BE IMPROVED WITH NORMAL GLASSES, CONTACT LENSES, MEDICATION, OR SURGERY.
Affections such as age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, advanced glaucoma, optic atrophy, Stargardt’s disease result in a decrease in central visual acuity, specifically the one for details and in classifying those who suffer from these ophthalmologic disorders in the category of partially sighted persons.
Recommended for both adults and children, visual aid devices for the partially sighted persons are intended to try to ease their lives and render them independent in terms of the sense of vision.
The Ama Optimex Eye Clinic offers devices for visual help, which have the principle of increasing and changing the contrast and colors (a text or a picture captured by these devices can be seen magnified a few times).
Types of devices:
- Fixed: can be used at home or at the office
- Mobile: can be used in stores, at the bank, restaurant or mail etc.
Color mouse TV / Color Mouse USB
The devices for TV or computer come in the form of a mouse fitted with a video camera. The device is connected to the TV using the SCART jack and to the computer via the USB 2.0 port (XP, VISTA, WINDOWS 7).
- Ergonomic and easy to use;
- Brightness and contrast can be adjusted automatically;
- The magnifying order is 13x or 24x on a 54 cm TV;
- Color image, very clear;
- Cable of about 1.5 meters;
- Compatible with any computer or notebook PC – valid only for Color Mouse USB;
- The possibility to change the background (black letters on white background or black letters on black background) – valid only for Color Mouse USB;
- software easy to install – valid only for Color Mouse USB.
Unlike fixed devices that are used only at home or in the office, mobile devices have multiple uses. Their use does not require special training, only the instructions given which must be read carefully.
The device Explora from Bierley is a magnifying device that uses a color camera to increase text making it much easier to read.
- color display of 87 mm;
- magnifying order between 4,5X – 9X;
- possibility to change the background;
- can be connected to TV;
- automatic shut down function;
- digital zoom;
- the ability to capture an image.
EMAG 43HD and EMAG 50HD
There are electronic devices for reading, which offer both confort in use, and when reading. EMAG 43HD has a diagonal of 4,3”, and EMAG 50HD 5”.
- color display;
- magnifying order between 1.6 to 14 times;
- instant function;
- energy saving mode and LED for battery state;
- full color sau bicolor view (black-white, yellow-blue), 15 additional contrast modes;
- possibility to change background;
- 4 batteries with charger;
- continuous zoom;
Maggie – Bierley
It’s an electronic device for reading, with a low weight, a screen of 5” and a hugh autonomy of the battery.
- color display, LCD;
- 140g and 12 mm of thickness;
- Zoom function;
- battery autonomy: 6 hours;
- power supply from socket or USB;
There are devices for increasing the text of small sizes, with light for clearer images.
- power of 10 DPT;
- size 75*50 mm;
- LED light;
- 3 batteries LR3, AAA are needed;
*All these devices are available for testing and sale within the clinic AMA OPTIMEX.