The surgery for reducing high diopters strong> consists in changing the natural lens with an artificial lens, adapted to the diopter power required for the patient to wear no glasses or to wear glasses with very low diopters.
The surgery for reducing high diopters is addressed to those patients who can not benefit from the laser diopter reduction surgery (Lasik, Lasek, PRK, FemtoLASIK, Relex SMILE) for various reasons, among which:
- Diopters too large, that is high, that can not be corrected by laser surgery
- The result of the investigations (pachymetry and corneal topography) counterindicate laser surgery
- Various conditions that counterindicate laser surgery
Postoperative results are good, patient satisfaction is very high!
Types of artificial lens
Within AMA Optimex Clinic there are used the most modern types of artificial lens, their quality being excellent. Â All lens have a ultraviolet rays filter.
Depending on the recommendations, needs, desires and possibilities, there exist modern artificial lens, foldable, spherical, aspherical, toric, multifocal and newly customized multifocal ones.
The price of the surgery differs depending on the type of artificial lens.
Foldable lens have the advantage of microincision without suture (stitch). There are artificial foldable, spherical, aspherical, toric, multifocal and multifocal-toric lens.
- Spherical foldable lens : provide a very good vision: Biocryl – USIOL
- Aspherical foldable lens : are modern lens, giving a clearer vision and a better contrast than the spherical folding lens: Biocryl Aspheric, Biocryl Hydrophobic – USIOL, Incise – Bausch & Lomb (for surgery with ultra-microincision)
- Toric foldable lens : are dedicated to people with astigmatism. The types of toric lens used in our clinic are: AcriLISA – Carl Zeiss, enVista Toric – Bausch & Lomb, AcrySof Toric – Alcon
- Multifocal foldable lens : are artificial, foldable lens for people with extreme or atypical diopters. They offer the advantage that after surgery the patient no longer needs to wear glasses for distance or for close. Manufacturers of these lens claim that over 85% of day-to-day activities are performed without glasses or minimal need for glasses. The multifocal lens models used in our clinic are: AT Lisa (Acri.LISA) – Carl Zeiss, AcrySof ReSTOR Natural – Alcon. Foldable customized lens at Lisa (Acri.LISA) – Carl Zeiss, being considered number 1 worldwide, are available only upon order. It takes between 4 to 8 working weeks
- Multifocal – toric foldable lens : are artificial, foldable lens for people with astigmatism. The great novelty is the fact that this lens is produced in a customized way even for those who have atypical or extreme diopters. In this way, people who until now could not even think they could get off of their glasses, for the distance or for close can benefit from this surgery
Our clinic has the largest number of customized lens implanted in Romania, the experience of doctors being important.
Complications and recommendations
Complications (fortunatelly very rare):
- inflammation, infection, endophthalmitis
- IOL decentering
- decreasing sensitivity to contrast (at multifocal lens)
- biometric errors (remaining diopters)
- sensitivity to light
- red eye
- intense tearing
- foreign body sensation
- Ocular or conjunctival hemorrhage
- retinal detachment
- cystoid macular edema
- exposure to dust, wind is forbidden
- swimming (pool, lake, sea) is forbidden for 30-50 days
- during the first 2 weeks after surgery it is recommended to get help when washing your head to avoid water entering the eye
- Eye make up is forbidden for 4 weeks
- rubbing your eyes is forbidden(trebuie evitat pentru 3-4 luni)
- local trauma, intense physical efforts are forbidden, especially in the first 6-8 months
First day and one week after checks are free. After 6 weeks the check is paid. Mandatory post operative checks are the first day after surgery check, the one after 6 weeks and then 2 times a year. As the case may be, these dates are subject to change.
After surgery, if vision is diminished, eye redden or pain occurs, the patient should urgently contact one of our assistants.
The patient is informed during the preoperative consultation about complications, risks, results..
For any question or information contact one of our assistants